Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Going Ballistic!
















So.... I wake up this morning at 5:30am to get myself ready for school. As I go into my bathroom to run the shower....there was no water. I thought to myself, "maybe the pressure is just bad," so I go to my guest bathroom to check it out. On my way down the hall (house is still dark b/c the kids are sleeping) I hear a swish, swish sound and my feet start getting wet. I turn on the light to my living room and find....... A FLOOD! Apparently my water heater decided to bust in the middle of the night I never heard it b/c it is located in my garage! To make matter worse I have no idea how to turn off our water supply. I call Jusin ( who is out of town in Austin for work) and try to have him direct me.....did not work! He calls a friend who lives half way across town....at this time 5:45am. By the time his friend wakes up to help me out....YEP things could not be worse. My garage, kitchen and living room is a total disaster. IF you read my below post, I absolutely could not afford to call in from work today b/c I have my evaluation! So my husband calls someone to come over... I am trying to get myself ready and the kids in all the mess with Mike (the friend) running around my house early in the morning cleaning up things. When the RESCUE carpet cleaners arrive I head out the door to deal with the mess when I get home from school at 5pm.
RESULT - Carpet is totally ruined and needs to be replaced, insurance adjuster coming Friday, 8 big LOUD fans blowing all thru my house to dry up everything (I can not even go into the living room), and luckily a new water heater by the time I got home....thank you honey....so I got to take a shower tonight!
I hope these bad things really do not happen in 3's....Pray for me!

2 comments:

Riley Kai said...

Oh Nikki, I'm so sorry! I hope this post is one you can look back on and laugh at some day. I guess on the bright side, you were reminded that you have good friends willing to help you out in a pinch:)

Jennifer said...

Nikki,
This is how we got new carpet in our house on sunset. The water heater busted, and it flooded the living room, our room, the office...

Sure you did great on your evaluation. I tried to call you.