Friday, January 16, 2009

Solving Problems....one doctor at a time.

Below is a write up on Kinsley's updates and now for me and Kara....

Kara and I went to an ENT (Ear, Nose, and Throat) doctor today. We learned that Kara's tubes that were put in when she was a year old had not fallen out.....like they are suppose to after 6 months. She is 2 1/2 and yep, they are still in. He scheduled for her to have new tubes put in and the old ones taken out on Feb.10th. He is also taking out something that is behind or close to the tonsils (agnoids - I think, I forgot what they are called) as well to keep her from having drainage problems in the future. Hers are bigger than normal. So.... all is good and hopefully this will be her last time to be put under! I am tired of my kids getting anesthesia!

I, on the other hand, have had voice problems for a year. I can not seem to keep a voice. It constantly goes away and I am left hoarse, sound sick, and can not teach a class to save my life when it is gone! He decided that through the years I have strained my voice b/c of cheerleading, coaching, singing, and not projecting/using it properly. Too much screaming and overuse has caused nodes. I have two nodes on my right side and one on my left side. He is putting me on some sort of medication and an inhaler to help along with voice therapy to understand how to use my voice properly. I have also been told to go on voice rest whenever possible and to not raise, yell, or strain it by trying to sing in any way! That ought to be fun with a 2 and 4 year old at home and teaching 5th graders all day! Yea right! Anyways, he has hopes that the nodes will go down and allow me to have a normal speaking voice. If not, possible surgery but that is last resort. I do not need a singing voice, I just need to be able to talk, sing at church, and speak without losing it for everyday use. I will keep you posted. I will begin this today and have a checkup in 8 weeks to see if there has been progress or change in the nodes.

1 comment:

Jennifer said...

Glad to see you updating. Praying for Kinko. Braden had his tonsils and adenoids removed by Dr. Huchton when he was 3, almost 4. His were 4+ and touching. They were bumpy, and they were harboring bacteria instead of filtering it like they were supposed to. He did great after the one week of dreaded recovery. He used to have really high fevers every month, throw up a lot, and always get strep throat. He has been great since then and doesn't get sick as much. Best wishes. Keeping you in our prayers.